Saturday 11 February 2012

Bach Cantata "Gloria in excelsis Deo", BWV 191 Text/English Translation

1. Coro (Tromba I-III, Tamburi, Flauto traverso I e Oboe I all' unisono, Flauto traverso II e Oboe II all' unisono, Violino I/II, Viola, Continuo)
Gloria in excelsis Deo.
Et in terra pax hominibus
bonae voluntatis.
Glory to God in the highest.
And peace on earth to men
of good will.
2. Duetto (soprano/tenor) (Flauto traverso I/II, Violino I/II, Viola, Continuo)
Gloria Patri et Filio et Spiritui sancto.
Glory to the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.
3. Coro (Tromba I-III, Tamburi, Flauto traverso I/II, Oboe I/II, Violino I/II, Viola, Continuo)
Sicut erat in principio et nunc et semper
et in saecula saeculorum, amen.
As it was in the beginning and now and always
and in the age of ages, amen.

No comments: